Friday, August 13, 2010

Mission complete: Little Bird goes home!

At 6:41 pm, 2 weeks and 1 day after FFF rescued her, LB went to her new and final destination. She's got 2 humans to adore her and 1 cat friend to teach her how to be a cat.

Her weight just before she went home tonight: 1 & 3/4 pounds. She gained a full pound since I met her.

Will she be long-haired? Medium-haired? Who knows, but she went to live with friends of mine and I feel lucky that I will therefore get to see her grow up and know who she becomes.

To everyone who helped - FFF, auntie Megan who "socialized" her during the day when she came to work with me (which meant cuddling and playing with her and bottle feeding her), her guardian who anonymously covered her vet bills, Laura who lent me the large crate and kitty hammock, Lori the pet-sitter who donated her pet-sitting services while I was away last weekend, my vets who showered her with veterinary expertise and got her back to good health, Robin who played with her over lunch, and of course my darling husband who tolerated me bringing another rescued creature into our small home - THANK YOU. It really did take a village but she was worth it.











No comments:

Post a Comment