Friday, July 30, 2010

Little Bird starts to purr!!!

Little Bird needs to have her eyes and nose cleaned with warm gauze every 4-6 hours, so I got up with her at 3 am. It was dark and quiet and peaceful and I saw in the bathroom with her gently massaging her eyes and nose. My vet suggested massaging her in a way that might be like her mama's tongue so I rubbed her neck and below her chin. She loved it. After about 10 minutes of rubbing and petting - she BEGAN TO PURR!!! At 3:18am she turned into a little motorized ball of love. It was one of the most precious things I've experienced in a while. She purred and purred and I thought - how ever am I to put her down and walk away?! Almost as if she realized we both needed to go back to bed, about 10 minutes later, she got up off my lap and walked back into her little den (a large cat carrier). She curled up on the heating pad that is permanently on low for her and went to sleep.

Good night, Little Bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment